Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thing LibraryThing

I'm at work so I can't catalog things I own truly, so I am going to try to remember which version I have on a couple. I chose Gate to Women's Country by Sheri Tepper. It asked me which site I prefer LibraryThing to browse which I think is kind of interesting. I am going to choose the Library of Congress since it might save more metadata than amazon. I've used goodreads and I can definitely seen the difference. GoodReads is for the books I've read, and LibraryThing is for the books I own, and even if those two groups overlap, they are not the same. One thing that bothers me is that I have to pay to put more than 200 books on there, but they also let you do a lifetime sliding scale membership. I remember when they had $10 on there. I should have done it then!

No comments: